VOTE FOR CANADA'S NEXT GREAT BEER FLAVOUR
WHAT WEEK?...CHIP WEEK!
When it comes to what we smother our chips with, it’s a definite question of taste. But being the Edinburghers that we are at Innis & Gunn, we’re true to form and like nothing better than a good shake of salt and dousing of brown or broon sauce!
We like it so much, we’ve come up with our own recipe and it’s got beer in it – everything we make has got beer in it, would be rude not to. So, for a tasty little brown sauce this National Chip Week (16-22 February 2015), try our Original Brewn Sauce for size. Easy peesy to make and can be stored in the fridge for months.
1 white onion, diced
80g dried apricots
100g brown sugar
220g malt vinegar
35g Worcester sauce
1x 330ml bottle Innis & Gunn Original
1 tablespoon black treacle
200g chopped tomatoes
1 apple, peeled and grated
1. Sweat the onion in a little oil for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add all of the other ingredients.
3. Bring to the boil, and simmer gently for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4. If the mix gets too dry and starts to catch, add a little water.
5. Tip everything into a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes, or until completely smooth and glossy.
6. Serve hot or cold, but kept in the fridge, the flavour will continue to improve.
If you can get your hands on some of our Original brew, why not give it a try!?
3 - KURT”S ALRIGHT BEER IDEA
Let your imagination run wild. Submit your dream beer idea below and our Founder and Master Brewer Dougal Gunn Sharp and his brewing team will choose the best suggestions to be put to a national vote to select the winning flavour innovation.
Vote for Canada's new limited edition Innis & Gunn beer
SELECT YOUR FAVORITE BEER IDEA FROM ABOVE AND SUBMIT YOUR VOTE BELOW